Alex Toys Craft Glow in the Dark Bouncy Ball Bonanza
We buy science kits to kill time during weekends. We tell ourselves we’re at least educating the kids while they play during the weekend and let’s face it: projects take time and make your mornings or afternoons go by faster without your kids bouncing off the walls. Why I like the set:
- Lots of colors – kids love mixing the colors in their balls
- They are really bouncy
- Easy enough to do even for a 3 year old with a little help
- Fascinating to watch some powder form into a ball
- 3 Molds from angular to flowery shape to a regular round ball
I don’t know why some Amazon reviews complain or that their balls didn’t come out right. Ours were pretty much perfect. Here’s how you make the balls:
- Fill the mold with powder and pick whatever colors you want. There’s only one glow in the dark powder keep that in mind if you want it to glow in the dark then use more of this powder.
- Swirl it in water for a few seconds. It will sink. Let it.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Take it out and let it rest 3 minutes.
If you want to make more like we did, then you can do this several times and take up to 30 minutes of making the balls. Then comes 15-20 minutes locking the kids in a dark bathroom so they can see the glow in the dark effect. Then it’s another 20 minutes of throwing them around in the house and throwing it to each other.
A few things to note: store it in a plastic bag or it may dry out the next day by a bit. Keeping it in a plastic bag keeps it as nice as how it was just made. Make sure you follow the directions and don’t skip steps.
You can buy it here: Alex Toys Craft Bouncy Balls Bonanza