Seems like I’m always eating… but this one is a must go and repeat! Must go and repeat! Must go and repeat!
Chinese Site: https://www.palaisdechinehotel.com/tw/restaurant.php
English Site: https://www.palaisdechinehotel.com/en/restaurant.php
Couple things to note:
- It’s Dim Sum on steroids.
- Reservations are hard… hard… did I say hard? Call in the FIRST of the month to get a date for the following month. You can ask to hold for cancellations if you’re flexible. It’s better if you know a “server” inside (wink wink) and see if he can get you in through connections. Our server was mostly in charge of the celebrities in Taiwan. We were lucky to get him. We had two main servers. One was very experienced and recommended dishes for us and he’s been there since the restaurant opened. Our other server is newer but super nice and very funny.
- Preorder the duck, chicken and bbq pork, and Beijing duck. We ordered the baby duck,chicken, and the bbq pork and now I wished I pre ordered all four (including Beijing duck)… the baby duck was SOOOOOOOOOO DELISH … made me want more duck but we ran out. And yes… my KID ate BOTH legs of the baby duck. SIGH~~~ I had two small pieces…. lol.
- For the duck, you can either have them cook the bones into soup or porridge. I elected for soup. It was out of this world!
- Dress code: no open toe shoes, and no shorts for men. Make sure you abide… or you won’t be able to go in.
- For dessert, we had a pastry with cheese inside …. sounds simple but… NOPE. It’s so good, again, my kids ate an entire one while the adults shared “one”… lol.
- Then the other dessert was a sponge cake (shown in picture). I have no idea how they made it soooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Nom nom…
- Their pot of tea was great. We had 東方美人烏龍茶. Not cheap but was delicious and nicely full bodied to accompany the duck. If you didn’t buy tea, it’s ok, they will give you a cup after your meal to cut the fat from duck, etc.
One response to “Taiwan Eats: Palais De Chine (Michelin 3 Stars) 君品酒店 頤宮 (米其林 3 星)”
[…] it on the spot. How does this compare to W Hotel Duck Yen 紫艷 at W Hotel －Oh My Duck… or Taiwan Eats: Palais De Chine (Michelin 3 Stars) 君品酒店 頤宮 (米其林 3 星)? I would rank Palais De Chine as number one followed by W Hotel and then by this. However, having […]